Monday, November 9, 2009

Sodom and Gommorah

Oops. I forgot for a few days to update my blog.

Currently, I am trying to do some research. However, I am extremely warm, limp, and sticky and am having trouble concentrating (obviously). It is finally cooling down since the sun has set (it's 6:30pm). May I remind you that "cool" means it is only 83 degrees F with 75% humidity. Michigan's cold is gonna kill me if this heat doesn't. Oh, extremes.

Anyway, I'm writing a paper about the biggest slum in Accra. It is called Sodom and Gommorah. Currently, the Accra Municipal Area is trying to evict the 400,000+ people who live in the small area. Yeah right people. I'll give you a few links to articles that I found interesting. It's a terrible situation really, but I'm pretty sure evicting 400,000 people by force ain't gonna work very well peeps.

Photos of Sodom and Gommorah:



When I have a conclusion (or "clunclusion" as I like to say), I shall enlighten you.

Peace!

Articles to Check Out:

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=28249

http://www.newsfromafrica.org/newsfromafrica/articles/art_827.html

http://www.theghanaianjournal.com/2009/10/21/decongesting-sodom-gomorrah-must-be-done-properly/

1 comment:

  1. All this updating of your blog, I can't hardly keep up! ;)
    I LOVE to read about your experiences and I'm sure we are currently going through the same feelings when thinking about returning home. :(
    Keep loving boldly, my dear!

    ReplyDelete